Racial Justice Training Institute
Racial Justice Institute
The overarching goal of the Racial Justice Training Institute, expected to begin in 2013, is to develop a network of equal justice advocates to advance a coordinated racial justice advocacy agenda. These advocates will be trained to recognize the impact of structural racism and to develop the skills necessary to enage in strategic analysis and creative race-based advocacy. The institute will provide skills-based training on all facets of advocacy as well as create a network of support and mentoring for equal justice advocates.
Additional Racial Justice Training Institute Goals:
- Increase equal justice advocates' capacities to develop and implement effective advocacy strategies to promote racial equity and dismantle systems and structures that result in racial disparities.
- Build an ongoing national network of advocates committed to and skilled in racial justice work.
- Develop a cadre of experienced equal justice attorneys and advocates able and willing to serve as faculty for racial justice training programs and as mentors for advocates committed to pursuing racial justice initiatives.
- Create a national resource center for racial justice advocacy, organized to be responsive to regional aspects of these issues.
- Move legal services and equal justice advocates nationally to adopt an explicitly race-conscious affirmative advocacy approach.
If you are interested in participating in the Racial Justice Training Institute or would like more information, please contact us.