For 50 years, the Shriver Center has been working to ensure justice, every day, for everyone. Working together, we’ve had hundreds of victories, large and small.
- We secured basic legal protections for 35,000 domestic workers, and gave almost 1 million workers the right to paid sick leave.
- We restored affordable childcare to the working poor and kept food on the table in 40,000 households.
- We kept the doors open at hospitals and clinics serving more than 700,000 children in Cook County alone, and we extended health insurance coverage to 2019 for nearly 41,000 children who would have been left without it.
- We made sure that earning a high school diploma counts as much as flipping burgers or mopping floors when it comes to fulfilling the work activity requirements for receiving temporary cash assistance.
- We demanded game-changing federal guidance to protect the fair housing rights of millions of people who have past involvement with the criminal justice system.
- We organized a dynamic collaborative of 32 groups across the country who are working together on coordinated, multi-state strategies to win broad policy victories for poor communities and communities of color.
Join us throughout the coming year as we celebrate 50 years of impact.