The Shriver Center works to ensure that low-income and working people have access to the supports that provide a basic level of economic stability.
- We advocate for fair and adequately funded programs that help people with low income meet their basic needs.
- We work to end hunger by expanding access to food and nutrition assistance.
- We advocate for fair employment policies and practices, including the elimination of race and sex discrimination and an adequate minimum wage.
- We campaign for work supports, like child care assistance and job training programs, that help people secure and maintain gainful employment.
- We push state and federal governments to adopt fair and progressive tax policies.
- We push to ensure immigrant populations seeking assistance are protected and served.