The Shriver Center works to ensure that people with low income have access to income supports, such as cash assistance and food and nutrition benefits, that provide a basic level of economic stability.
- We advocate for fair and adequately funded programs that help people with low income meet their basic needs.
- We work to end hunger by expanding access to food and nutrition programs.
- We advocate for fair employment policies and practices, including the elimination of race and sex discrimination and an adequate minimum wage.
- We campaign for work supports, like child care assistance and job training programs, that help people move out of poverty.
- We work to restrict abusive practices like payday lending and to support access to mainstream financial services and products for consumers with low income.